Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Best Soccer Websites

One of the ways I keep connected with the soccer world and relate to my international players is by cruising soccer websites every day. Of course I keep up with my beloved Red Devils,
but I also take the time to check out all things soccer around the world.

Parents, this is also a good way to get your kids involved in the game away from the field and to connect with your kids on something that is not school or chores.  And hey, they're reading - can't knock that!

Here are some of my favorite soccer websites.  Tell me what you think and suggest more sites if you have them.

1) Goal.com - my favorite site with quick updates on Premier League, La Liga, MLS, and other leagues around the world.  Good pieces on US players playing abroad too. The Full English (no, not what you think) is my favorite weekly piece on the BPL. 
www.goal.com
2) ESPN Soccernet - another comprehensive site for any league you follow in the world.  Great commentary pieces and timely connection.  If you can't watch it live, they also have a good gamecast of most matches.
ESPN Soccernet
3) Yanks Abroad - I've always kept track of the US players playing overseas, and this it the ULTIMATE site to do so.  Insightful articles on players in almost every country.  I swear the USMNT keeps track of their players on this site, and identify the obscure ones here before anyone else knows they are eligible to play for the US.  Favorite part about the site is the commentary pieces on the home page, especially the "23 Tickets" pieces for all of the USMNT cups and Olympic teams. 
Yanks Abroad

What are your favorite soccer websites?  I've love to add to my daily surf.

No comments:

Post a Comment